In this episode of Scaled Nation Podcast, we are talking about jump rope. It’s a movement within CrossFit that makes some of us nervous but it’s also a movement that many of us have trouble scaling for various reasons. I have an awesome guest on the show today; Chris Rawlins. He is a jump rope instructor and member of the preferred CrossFit Jump Rope course called Buddy Lee Jump Rope Master Class. I met him when I was out at CrossFit HQ last fall doing team series and the following day, they happen to be putting on this new course which I proudly got to be a part of.
- Meet Chris; who is he and what does he do?
- History of the jump rope course; Chris and Buddy Lee’s background and how the two got together
- What was the driving desire to create the course and what did Chris and Buddy set out to accomplish with the course’s creation
- CrossFit’s approach to jump rope and why Chris feels it’s wrong (politely)
- The jump rope course approach and why it applies to people of all fitness and levels; not just Crossfitters
- Scaling options for aging, obese, injured or zero athletes
- Shadow jumping
- Best way to start jump roping – learn the progressions
- How coaches can jump rope as a training tool?
Episode Links Mentioned